Today, The Garage has transformed into a contemporary, collaborative coworking space in Downtown Rapid City for small businesses, nonprofits and freelance creatives.
Garage doors, automobile signs and other characteristic features of the building have remained, and old doors, counter tops, a working bubbler and lighting fixtures have been refurbished and reused in the new space.
On the National Historical Registry, The Garage has traditional features found in a more corporate setting—including meeting spaces, a kitchen and a conference room that anyone with a monthly or yearly membership can reserve. High ceilings, contemporary lighting features and lots of natural light from the large windows and garage doors provide the perfect space to spring forth new ideas.
The best part of The Garage is the community of people that has been created through their membership. The second best thing are the great amenities, including:
- Private offices, permanent workstations and drop-in workstations
- Office suites fronting Saint Joseph Street
- Conference room
- Open before and after traditional working hours
- Completely wireless and wired
- High ceilings and historic architectural elements
- Safe and secure storage
- Available for small events
- Meter-free parking
- All-you-can-drink coffee
- Free bicycles to travel across town on
- Chalkboard walls to write and draw and create on